September 2, 2008

Five Senses Weekend

It truly was a weekend of everyday pleasures...

See
- The little boy rode a regular swing for the first time. He was so proud and excited.
- Orange marigolds in full bloom. A gave me a tiny plant in a styrofoam cup for Mother's Day. I didn't even know what it was, but I thought I'd just plant it and see what happens. It is now a huge and gorgeous bush of vibrant orange flowers!
- A bright blue sky without a single cloud. The little boy pointed out every airplane (and one helicopter!) that passed overhead.

Touch
- Prickly pumpkin leaves as we inspected the progress of our growing pumpkins. They're getting big!
- Sand and little pebbles on my feet as we ran laps around the baseball field

Smell
- A and I walked up to the farm to visit the animals. The smell from the chicken coop brought back such vivid memories. When I was little, one of my chores was to collect the eggs from our chicken coop. I loved that job.
- My mom's summer ziti. The smell of tomatoes, garlic, basil...marinating in the kitchen filled the house with a wonderful smell.

Hear
- The saw from the basement and the hammer from the roof as K replaced some clapboards on the house. I love my handyman.
- A counted the blueberries left in his bowl. Very slowly and deliberately, when he thought nobody was listening. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" Seriously. He counted successfully to ten all by himself. He's a genius. (Of course, the next time he tried he skipped from 2 to 7, but let's acknowledge the accomplishment! Woohoo!)

Taste
- I took A up to the farm and decided to get a cup of ice cream. I asked him what flavor he wanted, and he said "pink". "Cherry it is!" It was delicious.
- K made blueberry pancakes on Sunday. I adore his blueberry pancakes. It's our happy family tradition to have them on (most) Sundays. A had already eaten breakfast by the time these were ready, but he still ate 3 of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...