November 14, 2011

Weekend Recap



I love the chokeberry bush in front of our house.  My husband and I have made many mistakes choosing plants and bushes for our yard, but this was one of the best choices we (and by we, I mean he) made.  It's the perfect shape for its spot, and it turns the most brilliant red in the Fall.  I love it.

How was your weekend?  Friday was a holiday here, so we got a long weekend.  I love love love long weekends.  Here are a few highlights:

*Kevin and I went out on Friday night.  We went to dinner and watched the Carolina basketball game, then went to a club to watch a couple bands.  The headliner was The Wooden Sky, which was really good.  It was a fun night, but we didn't get to bed until after 2AM.  I may be getting too old for that. 

*We finally got the bed for our little guy!  The mattress I ordered was the wrong one, so we ended up spending Saturday morning purchasing and picking up a mattress.  It was worth it to get it done.  He loves his bed.  I am a little misty at the thought of no longer having a crib in the house - the baby years are behind me now - but I am mostly excited at moving on to the next phase.

*We watched the last Harry Potter movie on Saturday night.  As expected, it was great.  I can't believe the entire series is over.  I am looking forward to reading the books again in a few years with my boys.

*Sunday involved mostly raking and cleaning up the yard.  The weather was beautiful, and the boys had fun playing outside while we worked.  They actually helped for a while.  The leaves are now mostly gone, and Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

I need to get a lot done this week to prepare for next week's holiday and the official start to the festive season.  Birthday party invitations, pinata fillings, menus, gifts....so much to do, but it's all very fun.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of your chokeberry, gorgeous.

    Thank you so much for the lovely comment today :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...