November 3, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration and House Update

photo by Susan Gilmore

I've been trying to find an example of a kitchen with a wood island top and stone countertops....and voila!  Here is a beautiful one.  Love it.  Not sure if I can have the range in a wood island, although I'm being assured that can work.  

Here's my kitchen question for the day:  Have you ever noticed that none of these beautiful kitchens have dish racks?  Do you have one?  What kind?  I think I've tried all kinds at this point - wooden, metal, plastic - and they're all ugly and impossible to keep clean.  I have a dishwasher, but I still have a dish rack for those items that are not dishwasher-safe, including my pots and pans.  Please don't tell me you're all disciplined enough to wash, dry, and put away your dishes right away.  How do you handle this?

A quick update on Renovation 2012:  I've met with three other contractors, and I'm now much more confident that we'll be able to find someone that can get the job done within our budget.  Now I'm just waiting on those other estimates to roll in so we can make a call and start to move forward.  

2 comments:

  1. you know what I use for all those non-dishwasher items? they sell these super absorbent, nonskid dish "mats" at container store (for one, but I'm sure Bed Bath and Beyond and maybe even Target) that I put the drying dishes on and then just put the dishes away when they're dry. I never liked dish drying racks becuase they're so cumbersome... but these mats can be folded up and put away once you're done using them. Check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood is a hardwearing and beautiful flooring material that adds an exotic look to a room.

    roof trusses adelaide

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...