November 9, 2011

Singing, Classic Reruns, and Rosemary


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  My little boy has a cough.  It woke him up extra early this morning, so I brought him into bed with me to cuddle and hopefully sleep a little more.  As he rested on my chest, I started to hear him whispering.  It slowly grew in volume until he was singing out loud.  "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"  Even when he's not feeling well, he still starts every day with a song.

2.  A 'Friends' rerun came on the other night.  'The One Where Everybody Finds Out' about Monica and Chandler.  "But they don't know that we know that they know."  One of my favorites.  I giggled through the whole thing and was then astonished to reflect on the fact that it originally aired 12 years ago!  Still a classic.

3.  I brought some rosemary from my herb barrel inside.  I have a bunch in a vase in my kitchen.  After washing my hands or dishes, I can't resist rubbing a couple leaves to release that wonderful smell.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness we do have parallel lives! I too watched reruns of 'Friends' and my husband and I commented how funny the writing still is, even after all this time. Every episode a classic and so much of it has become part of our vernacular (now there's a word I don't use much!). Thank you for your lovely comment - I think I am changing but it's heartening to hear that you think it too. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary is one of my favorite smells. I do the same thing after I've touched it! I found myself rubbing someone's rosemary plant that they had on their porch when we took Emma trick or treating. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...