October 12, 2011

Weekend Recap


We had a nice long weekend.  A couple days in New York with very good friends, and a bonus day to relax at home.  Perfect.  A few highlights:

*Perfect weather - more like July than October.
*A visit to the Bronx Zoo.  The boys loved running around the zoo and looking at animals.
*Saturday afternoon barbecue in the back yard.  The kids played while the adults enjoyed drinks and conversation.  More and more, the kids are able to attend to themselves, and I like this.  A lot. 
*Dinner was awesome - so glad we had one more opportunity to eat from the grill.   Eggplant, peppers, onions, sausage, steak, burgers...served with mozzarella/tomato/basil salad and a good bottle of wine.

Goals for this week:
1.  Take a break from blogging if needed.  I know I'm here right now, but I may scale back the posting a bit.
2.  Order the necessary items for my little guy's new "big boy" bedroom.  I'm already misty at the thought of getting rid of the crib and the rocker...
3.  Finish my book and choose the next one.
4.  Try to take a few decent pictures of the boys together.  This is a monumental task.
5.  Bake an apple pie.  (The vanilla ice cream is already in the freezer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...