October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap and Goals


We started the weekend with chili, cornbread, and Octoberfest beer.  That's an excellent start.  The weather was fantastic, and we had lots of fun playing.  A few other highlights:

*Apple-picking at the farm.  I did bake an apple pie, and the house smelled exactly as it should on a cool, blustery October day. 
*Mike the music man was playing at the farm, so we decided to make a morning of it.  We got lunch, enjoyed some music, hula-hooping, sliding, a hay ride, three huge bags of apples, and free pumpkins for the boys!  Oh, and of course let's not forget the cider doughnuts.  I am really not a doughnut girl, but once a year I do splurge.
*Crooked Still!  Date night consisted of a great show by Crooked Still.  They sounded awesome live, and it was so much fun to see them.  Another highlight - after the show, they came out to the front of the theater and played a few more songs.  I was standing three feet away from them, and the whole crowd was singing along.  How fun is that?

Goals for the week:
1.  Set up my little boy's "big boy" room.  His bed arrives this week. 
2.  Get a couple other contractor names to get estimates for our big renovation.
3.  Schedule a donation.  The pile is getting large.
4.  Play some guitar.  It's good for my soul.
5.  Call a friend I haven't talked to in a while.

Okay, so it's not the best picture, but I know what  it is, and it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...