We started the weekend with chili, cornbread, and Octoberfest beer. That's an excellent start. The weather was fantastic, and we had lots of fun playing. A few other highlights:
*Apple-picking at the farm. I did bake an apple pie, and the house smelled exactly as it should on a cool, blustery October day.
*Mike the music man was playing at the farm, so we decided to make a morning of it. We got lunch, enjoyed some music, hula-hooping, sliding, a hay ride, three huge bags of apples, and free pumpkins for the boys! Oh, and of course let's not forget the cider doughnuts. I am really not a doughnut girl, but once a year I do splurge.
*Crooked Still! Date night consisted of a great show by Crooked Still. They sounded awesome live, and it was so much fun to see them. Another highlight - after the show, they came out to the front of the theater and played a few more songs. I was standing three feet away from them, and the whole crowd was singing along. How fun is that?
Goals for the week:
1. Set up my little boy's "big boy" room. His bed arrives this week.
2. Get a couple other contractor names to get estimates for our big renovation.
3. Schedule a donation. The pile is getting large.
4. Play some guitar. It's good for my soul.
5. Call a friend I haven't talked to in a while.
Okay, so it's not the best picture, but I know what it is, and it makes me smile.