October 4, 2011

Menu of the Week

*Images from Cooking Light

Turkey Burritos, Black Beans - My little boy ate three gigantic plates full of this.  He just kept asking for more.  It's a very easy recipe - just need some ground turkey and cheese, which I often have in my freezer, and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples.  Great for a Friday night. 

Creamy Squash and Apple Soup, Whole Wheat Baguette - The boys did okay with this, but they didn't gobble it up like I had hoped.  Personal preference - since the apple and onion are left whole, I'd prefer dicing them, or even mashing or pureeing them instead of slicing.  It's a good recipe, but I've had better butternut squash soups/chowders. 

Roast Chicken, Mashed Red Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad - I'd be okay being a vegetarian, and I could do better at it than I did when I was younger.  I love all kinds of vegetables, and I already try to incorporate some meatless days into our family meal plans.  That said, if I ever did go back to being a vegetarian, I would miss the smell of roast chicken. 

Baked Haddock, Corn on the Cob - Enjoying the last of the season's corn while we can, and taking advantage of being able to buy fish straight from the harbor.  I made the fish and corn and utilized leftovers.  I had fish, corn, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  The big boy had fish, corn, and a burrito (strange combo but whatever - he ate it all!).  The little boy had a burrito and corn.  They both stole green beans off my plate, which is just fine by me.

Chicken and Strawberry Salad - Inspired by this recipe, I used some of the leftover chicken to make a dinner salad.  I loosely followed this recipe, except I used feta and walnuts instead of blue cheese and cashews.  The boys ate it without the lettuce and did really well with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...