October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween - Weekend Recap


It was a rather strange weekend.  Forget what I said on Friday about welcoming Winter with open arms.  I mean, I meant it, but I wasn't suggesting it should arrive the very next day!  We were in Connecticut, which got a foot of snow!  I've never seen anything like it.  There were so many fallen trees and power lines, and tons of roads were blocked.  My mother-in-law lost power, as did thousands of others.  Crazy.  You could hear the trees crashing down all over the place.  On Saturday night, we left our boys with Grandma and Aunt Amber, reading to the boys by candlelight.

Kevin and I attended a Halloween Ball, which was a lot of fun.  I was pleased with how my costume turned out.  The makeup was messier than I would've liked, but that's because we had already lost power, and I was trying to do it with a flashlight and the last bit of daylight!  I still think it came out alright.  I even won best female costume!

Sunday consisted of breakfast at my sister-in-law's house, since they were lucky enough to still have power.  Then we headed home.  We didn't get nearly as much snow here, and we thankfully did not lose power, but there was enough snow on the ground for the first sledding session of the weekend.  My boys were excited.

Hot chocolate and sledding on the last weekend of October.  But that's okay.  Hot chocolate and sledding are good.  Now if we can quickly shake the colds we are all coming down with.

Tonight will consist of trick-or-treating with Batman and Superman.  Sweet.  Happy Halloween!


6 comments:

  1. your costume is great!! I can't believe you guys got snow already! I remember one year when I was a kid, it snowed on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC, Mary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - you look so much like her! Love the costume. And the snow? That's just madness this early in the season. Glad you had a good weekend. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look SO awesome! :)what a great costume!

    also, is it mean to say that it's 80 degrees here and i am a tiny bit jealous of the snow? it never gets old to me!

    happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your costume and make up are superb, a well deserved first. The weather, as they say in the song, sounds frightful! Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome awesome awesome! A+ on costume! LOVE! well done. of course you won best costume...you looked amazing! happy trick r treat! i wish we could knock on each others doors...xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...