September 16, 2008

Roasted Tomato Soup


*Image from Stephmodo


Still enjoying my home-grown tomatoes. I came back from a couple days away to another handful of ripe ones. Since it was rainy and dreary on Sunday, I thought the right use for them was to make a soup. Luckily, Stephmodo had posted about this recipe just this week! (Thanks, Stephanie!)

I used a mix of red and yellow tomatoes, so my soup was a creamy orange. Also because of the kind of tomatoes I used, the taste was milder and even a little tart. Perfect for a warm night. I liked the soup, but what made me especially happy was that I grew enough tomatoes to make it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the recipe! I think this week I'll make it again with the parmesan crostinis. I bet that orange color was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...