September 16, 2008

Bon Appetit

*Image from Bon Appetit (taken by Gwyneth's daughter, Apple)

Okay, so I know I said I was going to cancel my subscription to Bon Appetit, but I figured I'd just let the subscription run out instead. I've also really enjoyed the last several issues and have found recipes I'll actually make, so...

In this month's issue, I read this interview with Gwyneth Paltrow. I think I'm going to have to watch Spain...on the Road Again, a PBS special starting the week of 9/20. "Gwyneth Paltrow, Mario Batali, Mark Bittman and Claudia Bassols take the ultimate road trip adventure, showcasing the pleasures of Spain, the country's regional cuisine, art, history, and culture, as it's never been seen before."

I love food, and I think it's fascinating to see how people in different countries and cultures eat. One of my favorite aspects of travel is trying all sorts of different foods. I also love Spain. I've only been twice, and I've only been to Catalunya - certainly there's a huge amount of the country yet to discover. My sister and brother-in-law (and soon to be nephew!) live there, so I'm sure I'll get opportunities to go back and explore. In the meantime, I'll watch this special and live vicariously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...