October 19, 2015

Menu of the Week


Lemon-Pepper Shrimp Scampi, Rice, Broccoli - An easy weeknight meal that my boys love. 

Sweet Potato, Kale, and Corn Chowder - As always, blogland is a source of great meal inspiration. I found this one via The Bottom of the Ironing Basket, and it's a keeper. Both boys whined and moaned when I told them what we were having for dinner, and both of them cleaned their bowls. I love soup weather - it's a great way for me to fit in a meatless and veggie-heavy meal option. The use of coconut oil and cinnamon in this recipe make it a little sweet, and I used the blender a bit more than called for so that the kale was broken up into small pieces - this made it easier for the boys. (Personally, I would've loved to keep it chunky.)

Pesto Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Green Beans - I was about a week too late and lost about half of my basil to frost (winter's coming!), but I still managed to make a good-sized batch of walnut-basil pesto this weekend. I am going to use the first portion to make this orecchiette. I leave the sausage out for me and Nathan, and sausage it up for Kevin and Aaron - I love meals where it's easy to keep the meat separate.  

Other nights: Kevin and I are going out (weeknight date night! crazy!), so Aaron is going to make grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Friday nights with soccer practice have mostly become pizza nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...