October 14, 2015

Weekend Recap and Goals


It's beautiful Fall in New England. I say it every year, because every year it's true - there's nowhere better. I almost pulled over to the side of the road on my way to work a few days ago, because the color of the trees was so breathtaking. I was driving through a sea of orange, and it was gorgeous. 

On Saturday, we took the opportunity to have a friend take family pictures for us. It was a spectacular day, and we walked around the lake at Wellesley College. It was a good long walk, and the boys mostly cooperated. I haven't seen the results yet, but I'm hopeful that there is a holiday card shot in the bunch. 

On Sunday, we went to watch Kevin finish his half-marathon. His only goal was to beat his time from last year, which he did, so he was happy. I'm happy that my boys got to see their dad achieve his goal. 

The best part about the weekend, though?  On Saturday afternoon, I was busy putting everything back into our pantry (I probably haven't mentioned, since I haven't been here much lately, but we're painting the interior of our house. It's chaos.), and Kevin took the boys outside to play football. All of a sudden, the house was quiet, and I got tired. Like, 'had to sit down and close my eyes immediately' tired. So I got on the couch and closed my eyes. For over an hour.  It was amazing. I haven't taken a true nap in forever and ever, and I absolutely needed it.  

Goals for the week:

I know, I haven't done these in forever, and it's already the middle of the week, but making goals is a good thing anytime, right? 

1. Write another blog post.  I miss this space. Gotta get my groove back.
2. Get at least two more workouts in.
3. No alcohol. I'm taking a booze break. I'm busy and tired, and I need good sleep. Which leads to...
4. Go to bed earlier. Lights out by 10? Is that even possible? Let's see.
5. Start putting the house back together. It's stressing me out.



1 comment:

  1. I have recently discovered the awesomeness of naps and oh, they are so great!

    I would love to see your autumn someday, it always looks so spectacular in photos. We get some colour here, but not on such a mass, impressive scale (well, not that I have seen, anyway!).

    I tried the "lights out by 10" thing (inspired by a good friend of mine who goes to bed at 9.30 and wakes up at some unearthly hour to exercise before work) but found myself lying in bed for hours and hours, wide awake and fretting about the fact that I could not sleep, so there went that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...