November 12, 2013

Weekend Recap


Winter is coming.  As we ate breakfast this morning, the rain turned over to big fat snowflakes, and I got excited thinking about the coming season.  Of course, it also meant that I had to make Nathan wear pants today, so he trudged off to school this morning with an epic pout on his face.  He's mad at me, and that's okay.

The weekend was pretty good.  I am fighting a cold, so all I really wanted to do was sit on the couch.  I worked in the yard, raking and planting, for a few hours Saturday morning, but then I ventured back inside and enjoyed several hours in front of the fireplace.  I read an entire book!  I can't remember the last time I did that.  Thank you, Kevin, for keeping the boys occupied all afternoon and allowing me that luxury.  The boys stayed outside helping dad dig holes and plant bushes.  They love to help.  

That night, Kevin and I went out to dinner and a movie.  We saw Gravity in 3D.  Now, I am prone to motion sickness, and I generally hate 3D movies - those glasses are so annoying and hurt my head after a while.  But I can honestly say that I am happy I saw this movie on the big screen in 3D.  It was totally worth it, and it was so intense that I never once thought about the glasses at all.  If you can see this one on the big screen, do it.

Sunday included brunch with friends and more working in the yard.  I then cooked up a big pot of this minestrone, which I very much enjoyed and the boys very much hated.  I guess I know what I'm having for lunch the rest of the week.  It's really good, though.  I used some of my homemade walnut pesto from the freezer, and it adds just the right flavor.  I also used up the last of the kale from the garden - I think the garden is officially done now.

Monday was a holiday, so the kids and I enjoyed an extra day at home.  We planted our tulip bulbs, fed our jack o'lanterns to the pigs at the farm, played on the playground, practiced piano and guitar, rode bikes, went to swim lessons, and wrote some letters/postcards.  

Overall, it was a good weekend, despite my annoying cold.  I'm appreciating a bit of silence now, and soon I'm going to dive into the week's to-do list.   

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to see Gravity! Everyone I know who has seen it loved it. Maybe this weekend.

    I hope you're feeling better. I can't believe it has already snowed there. Today is our first cold day of the season, it's 40ºF right now, which is a nice change from yesterday's 75ºF! It's always hard for me to get excited about the upcoming holidays when it is warm out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...