October 30, 2013

Menu of the Week

photos via Cooking Light and Martha Stewart

We've had a lot going on lately, so we've had more meals out than usual.  So this group is less a "menu of the week" and more a few of the recipes I made the last couple weeks.  I still like posting these every now and then, because the menu creation and planning is honestly the hardest part about putting food on the table every night.

Macaroni & Cheese with Butternut Squash, Green Beans
One of my favorite Fall recipes, because I love butternut squash, and because the boys both eat this with gusto.  

Potato, Corn and Leek Chowder, Whole Wheat Baguette
A family favorite.  Again....because it's healthy and the boys love it.  

Spaghetti & Meatballs, Salad
We hadn't had this one in a while.  Always a winner.

Chicken Stir-Fry Wraps, Sauteed Bok Choy and Broccoli
My sister reminded me that I hadn't tried too many new recipes from a cookbook she got for me, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast.  It's a great book, and I love that it's organized by season.  I do try to eat what's in season, especially now that the boys are a little older and are more willing to eat different foods.  So this is one of the Fall recipes I chose.  I ate them with the lettuce wraps, but I served it over rice for the boys.  They weren't keen on bok choy but ate the broccoli, and I served raw red peppers for them as well.  Those kinds of minor tweaks are ones I'm totally fine making, if it means they eat more veggies.

Tortilla and Black Bean Pie
Holy cow, this is good.  This is absolutely going to be in the regular rotation from now on.  Everybody ate tons of this, and it's just as good the next day.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...