June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap


This weekend is what summer is all about.  We spent the weekend in New York with our great friends.  They have kids of similar ages, and they all have a lot of fun playing together, which is awesome.  I left work early on Friday so I could drive down with the boys and enable us to have a full weekend.  It made it feel like we had a long weekend, and I kept saying that we were on vacation even though it was really just a regular weekend.  My thinking, though, was this:  If I'm sitting on a beach with my friends, enjoying a fruity cocktail, and looking out at sailboats and a clear blue sky.....that's a vacation.  Here are the highlights:

*Dinner at their beach club on Friday night.  The kids ran around in the grass while we enjoyed our meal.  (I'm starting to think all restaurants should have a grassy area outside for the kids.)
*We spent all day Saturday at the beach.  We watched the kids dig holes and jump in the water.  We spent some time at the pool, which was my little guy's favorite part.  Six inches of water and I swear he's in heaven.  We could not have asked for better weather too. 
*Saturday night dinner - we fed the kids, got them bathed and in pajamas, and set up a movie.  While they watched, the adults were able to enjoy a fabulous meal with actual conversation!
*I think we might need to invest in an outdoor heat lamp.  Our friends have one, and it enables us to stay outside under the stars comfortably on cool evenings.
*Sunday brunch - pancakes, berries and mimosas.  The perfect start to a Sunday. 
*Take-out dinner from a great Italian restaurant Sunday night.  I included an order of mussels, and Aaron proceeded to eat 90% of them himself.  I love that he loves seafood. 

Goals for the week:
1.  Paint colors - I didn't get to it last week.
2.  Survive another week of the house renovation without wanting to strangle someone. 
3.  Make this year's Summer Fun List - I'm a little late on this as well
4.  Water!
5.  Plan this week's meals.  This whole "living without a kitchen" thing is getting old, and I am running out of ideas.  I need to remotivate myself to plan some different options. 



4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the grassy area thing. Our fave place to eat around here is our local market, simply because they have a play area.

    Also, outdoor heat lamp? I have never even heard of such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful :) I like to hear of summery-sounding things whilst I sit on the other side of the earth feeling cold! Best of luck with your goals for this week! (oh, paint colours ... we had so much trouble choosing, and in the end defaulted to white).

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds and looks like bliss! hang in there with teh renovation - i'm sure i would have strangled someone by now - so you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you lock in on paint colors yet? do something crazy, for me (and for you).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...