June 13, 2012

Tomatoes, Awesome Lunches, and Playing Outside




This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  I walked out to our little garden bed to water the tomato and pepper plants.  I adjusted some of the tomato branches, and as I walked away, I smelled my fingers.  That irresistable smell of summer.

2.  My mother-in-law left a message on our answering machine.  She called just to let us know she got home okay.  "Thanks again for lunch...we need to go back there again!  It was awesome."  I listened, and smiled.  It absolutely was an awesome lunch.

3.  Aaron asked if they could play outside.  I said of course and asked him what he wanted to do.  He replied, "I don't know, Mom...I'm going to make something up!"  The best. answer. ever.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like the smell of summer is there. And such a great summery photo of your boys :) How's the house renovation coming along? Love the pop of colour in your kitchen inspiration image. Thanks ever so much for posting the "you're not special" speech - I'd been looking for a copy. I hope you're having a lovely, summery weekend. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! A fantastic answer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...