June 22, 2012

House Update


No, the house above is not mine.  Sadly.  I do love it, though.  I just find it soothing to start these "house update" posts with a pretty picture, rather than the boring or flat-out ugly "in-process" shots of my own.

The renovation continues.  Unfortunately, it seems to have slowed down a bit, and we remain behind schedule.  Progress does continue, though.  They are almost done with the exterior trim and clapboards, and the big event this week was the flooring.  They installed the wood, although they haven't stained it yet.  (Who knew how difficult it would be to match the stain of our existing hardwood floors?)  Next week they will work on the interior trim, which means I really do have to pick out the paint colors, because that's what's up next!

Oh my goodness I can almost see the light at the end of this tunnel.

A sunny view of the little league field from the playroom/guest bedroom 
(a.k.a. "The Alvarez Suite")

This little bump-out is new, and inside is our kitchen seating area. 

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! i love the updates, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...