November 9, 2010

Girlfriends, Dresses, and Me-Time

No, this isn't the dress I wore, but isn't it pretty?  And those shoes...  via pretty stuff

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  There is such pleasure in talking to other women who lead similar lifestyles.  In other words, other busy mothers.  I've found that I don't even feel the need to talk about the things that make me crazy, because they already just get it.  This gives us the freedom to talk about the fun stuff of life. 

2.  I've found that I do like getting dressed up sometimes.  I get so many compliments when I wear dresses, partly I think because I don't do it enough.  I also learned that I really didn't have any clothes appropriate for going to a nice restaurant.  I needed dresses.  So I bought a few.  And I love them.  I wore one this week and felt so pretty.

3. Being alone.  The husband is out of town, so I'm trying to appreciate the positives.  I do enjoy my own company.  Time to reflect, do some yoga, play my guitar, read...all before the boys wake up or after they are in bed of course.

4 comments:

  1. That photo of Gwyneth is stunning..I also love meeting my dear friends and just chat-away:)
    Kisses my dear
    Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that dress! I want someone who is handy with a needle and thread and who owns an Etsy shop to copy and sell it!

    I'd never seen the PrettyStuff tumbler, and even just one peek over there, and I'm hooked! thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dresses do make you feel so pretty and ladylike. glad you found a few you love!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely - i think dresses make you feel a little bit special, and i love that. it's worth waking up 10 minutes earlier to feel good about yourself when you walk out the doors! agreed agreed agreed. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...