May 20, 2009

Menu of the Week

*Image from Cooking Light
I have been getting a little lazy when it comes to planning our week's meals, particularly since my husband has been traveling a lot. But I can definitely tell a huge difference when I fail to do this. It simply adds unnecessary stress to the week. So I'm trying to get back in the habit.
I'm also focusing on identifying a few items that are in our pantry/fridge that need to be used up so we're being as efficient as possible with our groceries. On this week's list: package of boursin cheese, corn on the cob, shredded cabbage, cheddar cheese, and tomato sauce. Here's what's on this week's menu:

Cole Slaw

Hot ham and cheese sandwiches
Vegetable soup


Chicken Scallopini (*Use thin-sliced chicken to save a step.)
Corn on the cob
Herbed mashed potatoes (I took the "fake it" approach and mixed Boursin cheese and a little milk with cooked red potatoes.)


Baked tilapia w/ roasted tomatoes
Rice

2 comments:

  1. Hot ham and cheese sandwich is called a "bikini" over here, so next time you can say you're serving bikinis for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... Sounds like a yummy week! Thanks for sharing your plan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...