January 17, 2012
Hi! I'm back from a long weekend, and I actually got some decent sleep and feel somewhat refreshed. Woo! A few highlights:
*We received a big package on Saturday. It was promptly colored and turned into a train. We got another big box, the two were put together, windows were cut, and a house was built. The boys covered it with blankets, took flashlights inside, and played. The magic of a big cardboard box never ceases to amaze me.
*We watched "Moneyball". I really enjoyed it, and I thought Brad Pitt was great. I love baseball and find the sport really fascinating, though. I'm not sure that the movie would capture the interest of someone who doesn't love the game.
*Skiing! My big boy and I spent Sunday on the slopes. It really clicked for him, and he wanted to go down by himself over and over and over again. I had to drag him away, which is awesome. I'm thrilled that he's having fun with it.
*After skiing, we played board games in front of the fire, and then we watched a movie. A very nice way to spend an evening.
My goals for this week:
1. Exercise. I want to get two yoga sessions and two sculpting/cardio sessions in. Can I do it?
2. Guitar. So far I've kept my resolution to pick up the guitar every day. As a result, my little one walked around yesterday afternoon using a broom as a guitar and singing. It's good stuff. I'm going to keep it going.
3. Plan a girl's getaway weekend with a good friend of mine.
4. Start researching flights for our next family trip.
5. Buy new jeans. I have two pairs and both of them developed holes in the knees over the weekend.