January 10, 2012

Menu of the Week


I'm determined to get back into a routine of weekly dinner planning.  I know how much better it is when I do this, and yet some weeks I just don't get it done.  Ah well...all we can do is keep trying.  I think all things are like that, aren't they?  Anyway, we had a few things leftover from the holidays that we needed to use up, so I used them as inspiration for this week's menu:  goat cheese, cream cheese, sliced almonds, parsley, scallions, and tomatoes.

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas, Yellow Rice, Black Beans - To quote my 5-year-old:  "These are my most favorite quesadillas EVER."  My boys always gobble these up, even since I started adding chopped zucchini to them.

Pierogies, Parmesan Tomatoes, Peas, Kielbasa - Tomatoes for me, a little kielbasa for my husband and big boy.  Just pierogies and peas for the little guy, thank you very much. 

Macaroni and Cheese with Butternut Squash, Broccoli - I bought squash at the grocery store without a recipe in mind.  I looked at pasta recipes after the fact (my menu planning needs some work...ideally it should happen before the grocery run!), and I decided on this one.  I didn't have ricotta, so I used cream cheese instead.  Also, a few of the reviews mentioned it turning out rather dry, so I watched it carefully and didn't cook it for nearly as long as the recipe indicated.  I was pleasantly surprised with the results - all three of my boys loved it!  Hooray!

Chunky Vegetarian Chili, Corn Bread - It's always so great when I can pull something out of my freezer.

Almond-Stuffed Chicken, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes - The perfect recipe for this week - it will use up the rest of the almonds and parsley, and my boys love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...