This isn't intended to be a complete "best of" list. There are so many fabulous kid's books. I often read them and think that while the concepts of many of them are simple, I am amazed by the author and illustrators' abilities to capture the imaginations of children. I just thought I'd share a list of my little boy's current favorites:
1. Good Night, Gorilla ("no-night goriya")
2. Cars ("lightning queen")
3. Go, Train, Go!("choo-choo frain")
4. Are you my Mother? ("fine my mother")
5. Little Pea ("pea")
6. The Very Lonely Firefly ("futterfie")
7. The Grouchy Ladybug ("ladybug")
8. Tumble Bumble ("pumble bumble", "fumble pumble"...)
9. Dooby Dooby Moo ("finkle finkle" - the cows singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is the highlight for my little dude)
10. There's a Wocket in my Pocket ("Pocket in the Pocket")
11. Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? ("moo book")
12. Moo, Baa, La La La ("moo baa lalalalala")
13. Counting Cows ("cow book")
14. Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? ("polar bear" - he loves all these. Brown bear, Panda Bear...)
15. Lost and Found ("pengin book" - it features a penguin, one of my little boy's favorites)
A has many other favorites, including a large paperback book of 1000 Spanish words (shown above) - tons of pictures that he loves to point and name (in English), Goodnight Moon of course...and many more. That said, we read lots of books every day, and I don't think you can have too many books. I'd love to put a few ideas on his Christmas list so we can let family members expand his collection.
What are your favorite books for toddler boys?
*I think I liked storytime more than he did in those early days, but hey, you can't start too early!