May 7, 2014

Soaking it in...


You can pretty much count on me posting pictures of flowers during the month of May.  Spring flowers are such a lovely reward for slogging through the mud of April.

So what's going on?  Well, Aaron's baseball season has kicked off, so the next couple months are full of games and practices.  I love it, especially once the temperatures rise a bit.  Last night was his first game, and it was so much fun!  I just love watching him learn and play.

Once we enter May, it seems that the end of the school year will be upon us so quickly.  I can already feel the shift in routine, even though it hasn't actually happened yet and won't really until the end of June.  But as I talk about Nathan's preschool graduation and make travel plans and fill out camp forms, summer is clearly on my mind.

For me personally, I'm transitioning as well.  I'm starting the job search, reaching out to old colleagues, sending emails, setting up lunch, researching companies...  As I look at what my friends and colleagues have been doing with their careers, I have feelings that I can't quite express.  Comparison is the thief of joy, as they say, so I do try to avoid it.  I'm also trying to wrap my head around what next Fall may look like for us.  I'm not there yet, and I suppose I won't be until we are actually there, but the process of preparation has begun.  I think that's why I haven't been online or sharing here more.  My brain is occupied.

I also realized that it's not that I'm uninspired as it relates to dinner, it's just that I am unorganized!  How did this happen?  I am determined to remedy this.  I continue to have days where I feel accomplished and effective, and I balance those with days when I look back and can't remember exactly what it is that I did!  Those endless tasks like laundry and dishes and sweeping are easily forgotten.

In the meantime, I'm appreciating the little things.  I just returned from an awesome yoga class, I'm cooking, organizing, trying to take care of some big house tasks that have been on the list for forever and really better be done before this season is over... I am thoroughly enjoying the new '24' - seeing Jack makes me happy and reminds me of what life was like over a decade ago when I first saw the show.  2001?  I wasn't even married yet!  I was in my 20s, working hard, having fun, traveling all the time.  I had no view of what life would be like at 40.  Now I'm here... in our old house that's almost fixed up, with a hallway full of shoes, baseballs and legos strewn about, tulips lining the front porch.  All I can do is try to soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...