September 19, 2013

Menu of the Week

pictures via Martha Stewart and Cooking Light


Grilled Salmon, Rice, Sauteed Kale, Broccoli
My garden is still producing!  I was surprised to see how much kale was there, so we enjoyed another wonderful dinner.  Grilled salmon is now one of our family favorites, too.  Both boys are now eating it with gusto, and they love it when a food they like is a super food.

Baked Ziti, Salad, Baguette
An old family stand-by.  As much as I love summer food, I love moving with the seasons.  Fall food is wonderful, too.

Corn and Butternut Squash Chowder, Baguette
Super easy and the boys love it.  I made it during the day and was able to just add the cream and warm it up after baseball.  

Potato & Onion Frittata, Honey-Glazed Carrots, Sauteed Zucchini
I start with this frittata recipe and modify as desired.  I added some cheddar on top this time.  I've tried adding more veggies to it - zucchini, peppers, etc. - but I've found that the boys like it better just as it is, and they do fine with veggies on the side.  That is just fine by me.  

Roasted Corn & Goat Cheese Quesadillas, Yellow Rice, Black Beans
Another old stand-by, but one I haven't made in a while.  We do burritos or quesadillas a lot, and I like adding this variety into the mix.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious!! I'd love that chowder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...