September 6, 2013

Hurray for the Riff Raff


Today's Blogtember Challenge prompt:  A story about a time you were very afraid.

Well, I consider myself extremely lucky, because I have no answer here.  I've been nervous, anxious, unsettled, but really and truly afraid?  I can't think of a time.  I think the closest I've come to experiencing true fear is during those few times when I couldn't find one of my boys.  Those moments of panic when one of them wanders away from me in a store, or when they are playing out in the neighborhood and they don't come when I call for them.  There are movies I can no longer watch because I do not want to experience that type of feeling again.  But if that's my biggest complaint, I'd say I'm doing alright.  

This week's music selection is from Hurray for the Riff Raff.  I had heard of them before but never really gave them a good listen until this year's Newport Folk Festival.  The video above is a song from an earlier album, Look Out Mama, but their latest, My Dearest Darkest Neighbor, is great as well.  

2 comments:

  1. I mean, I'd be terrified if I had a child and they ran off on me! I guess it happens to everyone, but I'm sure it is completely horrifying! But I'm happy for you that you haven't had too many fearful moments! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was truly afraid before giving birth thanks to the horror stories that everyone and their mother feels compelled to tell you when you're noticeably pregnant! And I've been afraid during a tornado or two. haha!

    Emma ran off from me in Hobby Lobby one time while I was checking out, and I nearly lost it. I know exactly what you mean, it's an instant gut wrenching feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...