October 18, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration and House Update

photo by Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles via Pinterest

I met with our contractors again.  They were supposed to review the design and reduce the estimate.  Well, after doing a more detailed estimate, the cost actually went up!  Needless to say, it was not a pleasant conversation.  I am feeling a bit defeated at the moment, and I'm worried that this renovation may not happen.  I should show you a picture of my current kitchen, just so you have an idea of what I'm living with; but I can't stand looking at it, so it's not going on the blog (until there is an "after" picture to go along with it!).  We'll keep looking at pretty ones instead.

Ugh.

So we reviewed the design again, made a bunch of reductions and simplifications, and this time they really are supposed to provide a lower estimate.  It doesn't look like they'll be able to get down to where we need them to be, though.  In the meantime, I'm asking around for other contractor recommendations so we can get some competing bids.  Maybe nobody can do it for what we've budgeted, but we need to find out.

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely get a second opinion! Kind of a slap in the face to raise the price when you've told them it was too expensive in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh ugh ugh, sorry. i feel your frustration! i can't wait for the day you finally get to post before and afters! the day will come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2.11.11

    Just stumbled across your blog via Chocolate & Zucchini...nothing beats a white kitchen. NOTHING. I'm drooling over all your kitchen pics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...