July 2, 2008

BBQ!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."
--Aristotle

One of my resolutions this year was to focus on nurturing my existing friendships and making new ones. It's common knowledge that people with larger and more active social networks are happier people. I haven't typically been the social butterfly or the one to initiate gatherings, so I've vowed to make it a priority. In particular, I want to expand my local circle of friends.

I am going to have a barbeque. Nothing fancy - burgers and lemonade and an excuse to get people together. I'm putting this out here so that I feel obligated to follow-up on it. It would be too easy to just let the summer pass by without making the effort. Sometimes just saying your goal out loud to someone else helps motivate you to follow through. So there it is - next month - cookout at my house. Details and results to be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...