July 6, 2011

Storytime, Salads, and Flowers

- Susan Sontag quote via anothersomething.org


1.  My big boy and I finished Charlotte's Web.  It was fun, and we both loved the book; but I honestly thought he'd want to wait a bit before jumping into another chapter book.  He got frustrated at times by the lack of pictures.  I was wrong.  We started James and the Giant Peach this week.  He loves the occasional picture, but I can see him forming his own images in his head too.  He giggles at the thought of a group of giant insects that can talk.  I am loving storytime right now.

2. My dad's macaroni salad.  Tastes like summer to me.  I made a big batch over the weekend and have been enjoying it for lunch.  A trio of salads - macaroni, fruit, and garden.  Perfect.

3.  This happy bouquet of flowers on my dining room table.  I splurged on a bunch at the farmer's market this week.  Next week, I should be able to make my own from the garden, which is starting to explode with color now.  


2 comments:

  1. Macaroni salad sounds so good! My mom used to always make potato salad on the 4th of July. It will forever be a nostalgic dish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...