July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap


It was a relatively quiet Summer weekend.  Lots of family time.  Saturday was full of little outings - to the farmer's market, the library, and the fire station in the morning.  Then the big boy and I decided to take a break from the heat, so we headed to the movie theater.  We saw Cars 2, which I would not really recommend.  I tried to convince him to see Winnie the Pooh, which looks really cute, but he had to see Cars.  He loved it, but it gave me a headache.  I adore Pixar, but this had to be their worst effort to date.  But like I said, he loved it, and I did love having a daytime date with my little man.  He held my hand walking in, and he cuddled up with me about halfway through the movie.  We enjoyed popcorn and chocolate-covered raisins.  Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.  All four of us went out to dinner that evening. 

Sunday was quieter.  Pancakes, time at the playground, making cookies, painting, riding bikes, and running through the sprinkler.  Life's little pleasures.  By Sunday late afternoon, it was much cooler and there was a nice breeze.  Perfect weather for eating dinner outside.  One of my favorite moments was setting the salad on the table while getting the rest of dinner ready.  Both boys raided it - eating lots of cherry tomatoes, and even some carrots and cucumbers.  I feel good when I put spinach in their morning smoothies, but I feel even better when I see them voluntarily eating and enjoying veggies. 

So now we're off to start another week.  My piece of advice:  start each week with some Stevie Wonder
You'll feel happy that you did. 

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree about starting the day with Stevie. When I taught elementary school, I had him playing every morning when the kids came in the room. You can feel it all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like such a perfect summer weekend with just the right combo of lazing at home and getting out and seeing the world.
    xo, K
    ps - i have totally copied your smoothie idea with sneaking in spinach. the kids love 'em and they have no idea they're good for them. score 1 for moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl! getting all caught up on the bloggy after a week away. its fab as usual. when you going to move to portland so we can be friends in the real world?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...