Sometimes it's nice to dump out the contents of my head in a blog post...
- My little boy is 2 today. My baby! I had no party plans, but I guess he was destined for one anyway. We're having friends come visit for the weekend, along with their little ones, and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law may make an appearance as well. I am thinking berry cupcakes, a new tunnel for the train set, and a couple new matchbox cars.
- This blog made me smile today. What a fun and happy idea for a blog.
- Washing sheets and making beds is such a pain, but it is so nice to climb into a clean bed at the end of the day.
- The new Harry Potter movie comes out soon. I don't need to be first in line or anything, but I will admit I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's the end of an era. I definitely need to line up a babysitter. I also want to see 'Bridesmaids', and 'Super 8', and I've heard great things about 'Tree of Life' (even though I wasn't so sure based solely on the trailer). What movies have you seen and loved recently?
- This performance by Gillian Welch on Conan made me happy. I am loving her long-awaited new album.
- The lavender in our garden is in full bloom. It is so fragrant and attracts butterflies, dragonflies and bees in great numbers. I love it.
- As I mentioned, I have friends coming to visit. Since we just got back from a trip, I haven't had much time to prepare. Trying to figure out meals. So far all I've decided on is a couple double batches of sangria for Sangria Saturday. I figure I'll get a bunch of stuff to put on the grill. Sangria, cupcakes, fresh veggies, good friends....what else do we need?