June 29, 2011

Tan Lines, Family, and Sunsets


I'm back.  Did you realize I was gone?  We went to my family's cottages on Lake Ontario in New York.  It was a mini family reunion, with about 40-50 aunts, uncles, sisters, and cousins.  We had a wonderful time catching up with family and enjoying the awesomeness of being at the lake.  My big boy was in heaven.  He couldn't come up with a favorite part.  When I asked him, he started rattling off all the things he liked about being there:  catching fireflies, watching sunsets, swinging, playing with cousins, eating ice pops, throwing rocks in the water, picking strawberries...  It is a magical place.

After our amazing trip, I could come up with a thousand beautiful things.  Here are three...

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  The tan lines made by my flip-flops remind me of sitting and playing in the sun.

2.  Being surrounded by family.  I generally only see my cousins once a year, but every time it is as if no time has passed at all.  We all just pick up where we left off.  My family is full of the most amazing, generous, and loving people.  I am so grateful to be a part of it.

3.  A classic lake sunset.  I love the feeling of peace I get when I'm able to sit and soak in the beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect getaway! Love the pics. So 'summer'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about flip flop tan lines!
    Sounds like a wonderful holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...