June 20, 2011

Weekend and Goals


Hello.  Did you all have a glorious weekend?  Ours was good.  Now I just have four days of work to get through before an extra-long weekend with family.  I can't wait!

Highlights from the weekend:
1.  Are you sick of me telling you what I got at the farmer's market each week?  Well, sorry.  I just love fresh food.  And the boys really love running into friends at the town center.  This week we got spinach, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, granola, mussels, salmon, and marinated feta.  We had a feast of mussels on Saturday night, along with lemon spaghetti, and a very nice salad made from the lettuce, cherry tomatoes and feta. 
2.  My sister-in-law and mother-in-law came for a visit.  The boys adore them and love having visitors.  (We do too!)
3.  Sangria Saturday.
4.  We visited the "big farm" on Sunday, hoping to do some strawberry-picking.  The strawberries were gone after only one weekend!  That was a bummer, but we had fun riding the trains and playing on the playground at the farm, and we managed to score some fresh berries from another farm stand on the way home.  So I still got my strawberry shortcake!
5.  Perfect weather.  Warm enough for playing in the pool and sprinkler, and just being outside all day long. 

Goals for the week:
1.  I finished another good book, and I'm reluctant to start another one until I catch up on sleep.  Here's hoping for early bedtimes...
2.  Water, water, water.
3.  Reenergize myself at work.  My little boy asked me the other day if I liked going to work, and I really wanted to say yes.  I need to find ways of filling my work days with more motivation and satisfaction.
4.  Plan details for our upcoming trip.  I'll be flying solo again with my boys, so I must figure out how to make it as easy as possible.
5.  Exercise.  I was doing so well, but last week I think I only got one workout in. 
Happy Father's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Sangria Saturday sounds like a great tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Michelle; Sangria Saturday sounds like a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20.6.11

    love that you go to "church" too, and happy fathers day to kevin. flying solo...you are brave. skf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing some of my "list" on your list! I am on a water kick today after long-neglecting it. Our strawberries aren't even ready yet - where is spring, better yet summer??? Sangria Saturday - I may have to adopt that - when the sun actually arrives that is!
    Have a fabulous week,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to do goals every week too. water, water - is definitely one I need too ... oh and exercise. ughhhh.
    can't wait to see your pictures from San G! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary and thank you for your comment over at my blog.

    Your weekend sounds wonderful and I too can go on about the delights of a good farmer's market, so please don't stop telling us about it.

    Hope your week is as good as the weekend.

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goals, #3. I would love to hear more about this. I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. after a week of eating mostly gluttonous food on our vacation, I'm so happy to be home so that I can cook a fresh meal. I'm so sad I missed the farmers market this morning though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...