We've had to tackle home projects in stages, and this has required us to live with some less-than-ideal situations. This includes some rather awful green curtains in the living room. I suppose I could've just taken them off and done without anything in there, but the naked windows seemed worse than just leaving them alone. Anyway, now that we are finally about to replace the windows and cover them properly (we're thinking wood blinds), I am ecstatic to be saying goodbye to the ugly green curtains.
This post contains only a "before" picture, of course, since the work is just getting started. The real "after" pictures are probably a couple months away, especially since Kevin is taking on the painting himself. But I still thought it was worth a little moment of celebration as we took the curtains down, and I plan to post more steps along the way as we move towards a prettier and more comfortable living space.