March 11, 2009

34 Things To Do Before Turning 35

*Some goals are easier to achieve than others. Getting to Barcelona to visit my sister and meet her new little man was an easy one.

I turn 35 on March 26th. As you may recall, I created a list of 34 things I wanted to accomplish before this date. I achieved some, and didn't achieve others. I may be able to get a couple more checked off before the date, and some will remain undone, but overall, I think I did pretty well. It was fun to create the list, and it was fun to check them off.
Here's how I did:

1. Take more bubble baths (this one will continue to be a goal)
2. Go apple picking
3. Create photo book in time to give it to my husband for Christmas
4. Visit Barcelona to meet my new nephew (So much fun!)
5. Write letters to 3 friends (Christmas cards don't count!)
6. Sign up for a yoga class (probably won't happen, especially now that I'm fully round and pregnant, but I'm focusing on getting exercise at home)
7. Take a picture of all 3 of us for our holiday cards
8. Organize our office desk at home (Okay, it didn't happen, but we're getting rid of our desk as a part of the next phase of house renovations, so this will resolve itself soon.)
9. Get dressed up and go to the Holiday Pops with K (Had tickets and babysitter all lined up - Darn snowstorm prevented us from going. Booooooo.)
10. Get rid of my wedding dress (if no takers on Craig's List, then donate) (Update: Okay, now my sister and SIL insist that I give it to someone in the family instead. So family - any takers?)
11. Take the little boy to the library (This has become a favorite Saturday morning activity.)
12. Bake a yummy gift for the neighbors for the holidays
13. Make time to see old friends while home for Thanksgiving (Marking it off because the holiday is over, not because I actually followed through. I tried, though - really I did!)
14. Spiffy up my desk at the office - new family photos, new calendar, clean out files, etc.
15. Watch Fantasia again (I only have a VHS, which just doesn't do it justice. My new goal is to get the DVD.)
16. Learn how to play a few new songs on the guitar (It's time to learn a couple more, though!)
17. Do some lessons in my Spanish instruction book - work towards doing one per week (Sigh....isn't going to happen.)
18. See a movie in the theater, complete with popcorn and raisinets
19. Use my still-unused spa gift card and get a pedicure (I just finished up this wonderful card and got a fabulous facial this weekend! Awesome!)
20. Host a brunch for some friends and little ones (This continues to be postponed due to our next phase of house renovations. I will do it eventually, I swear.)
21. Eat dinner at Blue Ginger, or maybe No. 9 Park if I'm really good (We had a wonderful dinner at Blue Ginger the night we found out it was a boy!)
22. Go sledding with my boys (Isn't going to happen this year.)
23. Bake a pie from scratch
24. Surprise my husband with homemade chocolate pudding (Maybe this weekend?)
25. Organize my CDs (Next phase of house renovations will force this one as well - it won't happen by 3/26, but it will happen.)
26. Get my hair colored at the salon
27. Organize drawers in the little boy's room (I did one - well, I basically just emptied it out, but still...that counts, right?)
28. Tickle the boy and giggle every day*
29. Organize my recipe binder
30. Pick out window treatments for our new downstairs windows (New windows coming soon!)
31. Clean out nightstand drawers
32. Go to a museum
33. Do some sit-ups and push-ups and stretching while watching TV
34. Carve a jack-o-lantern out of one of our home-grown pumpkins - let the little boy make a huge mess with the insides

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11.3.09

    I think that you have done a lot of them. You still have a little more time! Keep up the great self work!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...