This site cracks me up. It is very sarcastic, but there's probably a lesson in there somewhere. If not, at least you'll laugh a little. Here are a few of the tips included in the beginner's guide to slowing down:
1. Have a cup of tea, put your feet up and stare out of the window. Warning: don’t try this while driving.
2. Spend some quality time in the bathtub.3. Write down these words and place them where you can see them, “Multi-tasking is a Moral Weakness.”
4. Try to do only one thing at a time.
5. Do not be pushed into answering a question right away. Take your time.
6. Yawn often. Medical studies have shown lots of things and possibly that yawning may be good for you.
7. Take a nap and spend at least an hour extra in bed. You deserve it. If you need help getting out of bed, then read this. If you think you have a hard time getting to sleep then read this .
Note: If you just can't shake of an attack of seriousness, then amble slowly over to the slow blog http://www.blog.slowdownnow.org/