May 22, 2008

Keep It Simple

Why do we have to make everything so complicated? There are so many people giving advice and information these days, and I often wonder if they're just confusing everybody. I read this article the other day, and I sort of laughed at the end, thinking to myself, "well, duh".

I guess it's interesting information to know that cooked tomatoes have more lycopene than raw ones, but seriously - didn't we already know this? And that various cooking methods reduce the amount of vitamins in others? But who wants to try to keep track of it all or adhere to it strictly? I'm not going to stop cooking spinach because it loses a lot of its Vitamin C as a result. I'm pretty sure it's still good for me, and besides that, I like it. And I'm certainly not going to boil my zucchini, even if that helps it keep more of its vitamins, because I'd end up with a pile of zucchini mush. Ew.
Certainly we must all know by now that the key to a healthy diet is variety. Lots of fruits and veggies - cooked however we like, because as the article also points out, we'll eat more if we like the way they taste. Revolutionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...