May 20, 2016

Recently Read


Dear Mr. You, by Mary-Louise Parker.  I very much enjoyed this memoir. It has a very unique structure: each chapter is written as a letter from Mary-Louise to a man in her life.  The first chapter is a letter to her father. It has chapters to everyone including friends, former lovers, the father of her adopted daughter, and her accountant. They are all revealing in their own way and to different degrees. They are funny and moving and sad and beautiful. Highly recommend.

The Legends Club, by John Feinstein. I read this in March, during the college basketball tournament, and it was fun to immerse myself in college basketball - past and present - for the month. I wish Dean had been alive to share more of his own stories and perspectives, but it is a great book nonetheless. I had fun learning more about these great coaches and fascinating men.

A Window Opens, by Elizabeth Egan.  I didn't like this book at first. It felt too true to real life, and specifically, my own life. I usually read to escape or to learn or expand upon what I experience in my own life, so I didn't appreciate this right away. However, once I got more into it, I was able to enjoy and appreciate it. It's definitely relatable for any working mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...