November 12, 2014

Keira and Amy...


I just wanted to pop in and share two things I enjoyed immensely last week.

The movie Begin Again. My sister told me several months ago that I should see this movie. I finally had the opportunity to see it, and she was absolutely right. It's somewhat similar to Once, and it's directed and written by the same person. It's perhaps not a classic in the same way as Once, but it's a really lovely movie with beautiful music, and I found myself smiling throughout. Highly recommend.

Amy Poehler's new book, Yes Please.  I devoured it in a couple days, and it left me wanting more.  She does the obligatory behind-the-scenes stuff, describing life at SNL and on the set of Parks and Recreation, including information about each of her co-stars, and tid-bits about some of the SNL hosts.  All that is fun, but the more personal information is way more interesting to me. That she's from Boston, is in her early 40s, and has two little boys are just some of the ways I could relate to her. In short, I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine saw that movie last week & recommended it too, I must find out where it is on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...