December 6, 2011

My Favorite Music of 2011


2011 was a good year for music.  This list does not attempt to be a "best of" list, nor do I even understand how anyone can determine what makes one song better than another.  This is simply a list of the music I listened to a lot this year.  The songs that touched me, made me cry, made me jump up and dance, made me play air drums/guitar, made me sing at the top of my lungs, or just made me happy.

In no particular order...

The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
Blind Pilot - We Are the Tide
The Decemberists - The King is Dead
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Wild Flag - Wild Flag
Feist - Metals
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
The Black Keys - El Camino

Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know
Foster the People - Torches
David Wax Museum - Everything is Saved
Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest

Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Sarah Jarosz - Follow Me Down
Blitzen Trapper - American Goldwing
Alela Diane - Alela Diane & Wild Divine

Wye Oak - Civilian
The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart
Sera Cahoone - Only As the Day Is Long
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo

1 comment:

  1. Blind Pilot mildy missed my list! And Wye Oak is a good one too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...