March 21, 2011

Menu of the Week

 Images via Cooking Light

Spaghetti and Meatballs
This is an old standby, and one of my boys' favorites.  I've recently started reducing the amount of ground turkey and adding some shredded carrot and/or zucchini.  This week I used both.  Nobody has noticed. 

Black Bean Quesadillas, chips/guacamole
This is my "what to make when I don't know what to make" dinner.  Veggie and healthy and easy.  Awesome.  Plus avocados were on sale, so I've been making lots of homemade guacamole lately. 

Roasted Chicken with Potatoes/Onions/Mushrooms, Green Beans
Another cold-weather standby.  Makes the house smell so good.  My usual routine is to rub under the skin with seasoned butter (oregano, garlic, salt), and stuff with a quartered lemon.  

Broiled Sweet-and-Spicy Salmon with Pineapple, Steamed Rice
*Recipe from Everyday Food, but not online yet - it's essentially maple syrup/cayenne pepper mix glazed over salmon and pineapple slices, broiled for 12-15 mins.  They suggested mixing some cilantro into the rice too, which sounds delish. 
This is a great one for the kids.  Not a green in sight, and yet it's still a very healthy meal.  My big boy does really well with all seafood.  My little guy is not yet a fan, but I keep trying. 

Pasta Primavera
I've tried a lot of pasta primavera recipes, but I always go back to this one.  It's my favorite.  The boys picked through the veggies this time - the big one ate the asparagus and peppers, the little one ate the peas and tomatoes.  I ate it all!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...