March 25, 2010

Laura Marling - "Devil's Spoke"


This week's music pick: Laura Marling. Check out her website for more music and official videos. She's been around for a few years now - her second full album has just been released - but I'm just now discovering her, and I'm enjoying getting to know her music. She's young, from Britain, and has a very strong voice. I've seen her compared to Regina Spektor, Lily Allen, and note folk influences such as Joni Mitchell and Bob Dylan. She's unique, though - check her out.

Update:  The more I listen to Laura Marling, the more I love her.  Go listen now.  Seriously.  Definitely one of my favorite albums of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...