December 7, 2009

St. Nicholas Day, Brothers, and Paper Chains

*I mean seriously, how cute is he?!? I fall more and more in love with him every day.

I am thinking I should write my "Three Beautiful Things" posts on Mondays, because really, Mondays can sometimes kinda blow and that's the time that it's best to focus on the positives. Right?

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1. Waking up on Saint Nicholas Day (12/6, for those of you who don't know) with pretty white snow covering the ground and the trees. Not so much to mean hours of digging out the cars. Just enough to make a winter wonderland.  Aaron was psyched to run downstairs to see what St. Nicholas left in his shoes.

2. Aaron gave Nathan a hug good-bye at day care, and whispered "I love you" in his ear. It was so sweet I almost cried.

3. When I was little, I loved making paper chains for our Christmas tree. It was so much fun to share this tradition with Aaron this year. He cut strips of paper and helped glue them into circles so I could assemble. 

*I chose this picture, because Aaron is inadvertently blocking his still-bruised nose with the paper chain. Trust me, you don't want to see that.

*He did a great job helping to decorate the tree, including many many comments about loving the colored lights. I'm afraid Kevin may not get to have white lights again for many many years. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...