September 4, 2013

Three Months...


Day 2 of the Blogtember Challenge:  If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

Well, we might as well rephrase this as "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?"  I imagine we'll see lots of travel posts in response to this one.

For my part, I'd go to Australia and New Zealand.  I had the opportunity to travel to Sydney for work about a decade ago.  It was supposed to turn into a longer-term assignment, and my husband was going to get assigned there as well.  We daydreamed about all we were going to do and see while we were there, and then the job ended and I had to head home.  Kevin never even got to go.

I enjoyed a month there, and I never even left Sydney; but I fell in love with it.  It was so beautiful, but what struck me most was how amazingly friendly the people were.  Since then, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out when we can go back.  There's so much I want to see and do - I want to dive at the Great Barrier Reef, I want to go sailing in New Zealand, I want to eat at a restaurant the locals love in Melbourne, I'd love to take a surfing lesson...

So if I had three months?  I'd spend them there.




1 comment:

  1. The barrier reef!! I would looove to dive there. I have a friend who stayed beyond his travel visa there because he liked it so much there, he couldn't force himself to leave. He ended up "befriending" someone who had the ability to extend it! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...