September 23, 2013

Life, Lately...



baseball practice

Day 15 of Blogtember:  A "life lately" post.  Plus some added musings...

This year already feels so different from the last.  Nathan's school day is just a bit longer, and the boys are involved in more now.  I am spending more time watching baseball, and swim classes, and piano lessons.  I love it, but I also think I need to use that time better.  While they are swimming, I could be writing the week's menu, making a grocery list, or reading a book!  I'm making that a goal for the coming weeks.

Can I just tell you how excited I am that Aaron is taking (and enjoying!) piano lessons?  Fingers crossed he continues to love it.

I'm thinking about the holidays already, too.  I know it's ridiculously early, but the end of the year requires some preparation and thought.  I like knowing where we'll be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas, having plans for Aaron's birthday, costume ideas for Halloween, gift ideas...  It's a wonderful time of year...as long as I'm prepared for it.

September continues to be my favorite month.  Crisp air, blue skies, and changing leaves.  I am looking forward to pumpkin and apple-picking, warming apple cider, baking a pie, and pulling the sweaters out of storage.

before the show

Kevin and I celebrated our 11th anniversary this month.  We spent a night in the city, enjoying a fabulous dinner at our favorite fancy restaurant and then watching a concert by City & Colour.  It was a wonderful night.  After all these years, we still have a lot of fun together.

My sister-in-law is pregnant with her first, due in December.  It's exciting to see the family growing, and I know she and her husband are going to make wonderful parents.

Carl Yastrzemski (Yaz) threw out the first pitch

We went to our last Red Sox game of the season yesterday.  The weather was perfect, the Sox won, and the boys were into it.  (Sometimes they're more excited about ice cream and cracker jacks.)  It was a fun time, and I'm excited for the playoffs.  

I've gotten back into my exercise routine, and I'm getting up early every morning to get a workout in before the boys get up.  It feels good.  I did an hour of yoga on Friday and felt it all over on Saturday.  Now if I only could cut back on the ice cream... nah.

I watched the Emmys last night.  I am always sucked in by awards shows, for whatever reason.  I had recently watched "Behind the Candelabra" and was happy for Michael Douglas.  He and Matt Damon really were spectacular in it.  Oh!  And Colbert!  The Daily Show will always be a favorite of mine, but they'd won ten years in a row - it was very fun to see The Colbert Report break their streak.  

Next year is shaping up to be a big travel year.  We just booked a ski trip to Vermont for winter break.  We are planning on visiting my mom and little sister in North Carolina for spring break.  And then my sister in Spain for summer holiday in August.  Better start saving and planning and anticipating.

I turn 40 in March.  That's occasion for some celebrating too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your upcoming vacation list! I hate that I haven't been able to travel in so long. Just can't seem to make time off from school coincide with time off of work for Bryan. If everything works out as planned we'll be going to Hawaii on my spring break though. I'm trying not to get *too* excited in case something happens to thwart my plans. Typical pessimist over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great year of traveling. Fun. I am jeolous too. Enjoyed catching up with your life lately.

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...