September 9, 2013

So I'm an Introvert...

Day 5 of the Blogtember Challenge:  Take this short personality test and report on the results.

photo by Anna Gawlak

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  It was a long one for us, and we mostly filled it with productive activities like mowing and over-seeding the lawn.  It was one of those quiet weekends at home, readying ourselves for the change in seasons.  I like weekends like that.  The boys were at each other a lot, though, and I'm grateful they're both back in school today - I think a little break from each other will be good for them.

For today's prompt, I took the above personality test.  I had taken similar tests before, so I was not surprised at the result - I'm an ISTJ/INTJ.  Very strong Introverted, very strong Judgement, and the middle two traits are pretty slight.  I took the test a few times, and I got both results a couple times each.   In reading the descriptions, a lot of it definitely rings true.

"To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. ...many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship).  To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand.  As to other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold."  I've been told many times that I can be intimidating, especially when people first meet me.  I've always found that to be a bit ironic, since I'm so nervous and clumsy in initial social settings.  Some of my best friends have told me that they thought I hated them initially.  This is not a favorite trait of mine, and I do fight against it, but it's who I am.

"ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments.  But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked.  And when asked, they don't mince words."  If I say I'm going to do something, I do it.  And I will never understand people who act otherwise.

"They have a keen sense of right and wrong...noted for devotion to duty.  Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ."  Being late is my biggest pet peeve.

"Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense."  My favorite line of the description.  :-)

I've always found these types of tests to be interesting, but at this point in my life, I am not really enlightened.  I know who I am, and I'm comfortable with it.  I understand my strengths and weaknesses.  It's still interesting to think about, though, as I continue to work towards being the best possible version of me.

2 comments:

  1. Guess what? I am an ISTJ too. I did that test at work years ago and see that I came out with the same result now. Hmmm interesting. We are like peas on a pod when it comes to the description - infact when I am very much in my ISTJ mode, my husband has been known to say to me 'that is such an ISTJ thing to say!!' - so it seems that Myers Briggs has a lot to answer for in our house! No surprise that he is an extrovert - they say you need an opposite for it to work in a relationship!

    I had a quiet weekend too - the weather has changed and that heralds thoughts of Autumn. I am ready for the season actually as we had such a great summer; I feel like I really got my share of sun. And as for the day to day - pretty good right now :-) L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ESFJ Surprise, surprise! But, you know what? I just took this test yesterday before even reading your blog. Was looking for something like this for my students. It is fun to look at things like careers. Says I should be in management. I could see that. Education was also there, but way down the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...