September 6, 2013

Menu of the Week

photos via Cooking Light (1, 3) and me (2)

I had to post one of these.  It's been a while, and I've realized how much I enjoy looking back on posts from the previous year for inspiration as I'm meal-planning.

Summer Squash and Corn Chowder, Multigrain Baguette
I thought I'd make this just one more time before the end of summer.  It's so easy, healthy, and the boys eat it all up and ask for seconds.  Hard to argue with that.  Aaron is excited for butternut squash chowder, though, so that'll be on the menu soon.

Cheeseburgers, Grilled Potatoes and Onions, Corn on the Cob, Salad
Grilling up a bounty from the farmer's market while we can.  I think the boys are actually sick of corn on the cob now, which means I've done my job.

Summer Ziti, Multigrain Baguette
I had to make this one last time, too.  Our garden produced enough tomatoes for this, and it makes the house smell so good.  I loved having the leftovers for lunch all week too.  

Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Caprese Salad
Wait, now they are really sick of corn on the cob.  

Turkey Mini Meat Loaves, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Kale/Broccoli
It's funny - Nathan, my non meat-eater, has started to enjoy some meat now and then.  He never ate these before but asked to try them this time.  He declared them AWESOME and had thirds.  The boys had broccoli from the garden, and we had kale from the garden.  The garden is almost empty now - just a few tomatoes and squash left.  

Homemade Pizza
A Friday night favorite.  Whole-wheat dough from the grocery store, topped with our favorite toppings.  Cheese for the boys (Aaron will sometimes ask for black olives); spinach, mushrooms, black olives, and onions for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...