June 25, 2012

Weekend Recap


Another awesome weekend.  Summer is grand.  As I mentioned, Kevin was heads-down studying all weekend, so the boys and I mostly had fun on our own.  I dove into the Summer Fun List.  Here are the highlights:

*When we woke up Saturday morning, it was still raining and very wet outside, so I suggested a movie.  I took the boys to see Madagascar 3 - it was Nathan's first movie in the theater, and although the movie was about 30 minutes too long for him, they both had a great time.  We got our popcorn and raisinettes and giggled at the movie. 
*I blew up a new little pool for the yard.  The boys spent the rest of the afternoon jumping in and out of the pool and generally getting extremely dirty. 
*Sunday morning, the boys woke up happy with the sun, so we packed up and headed out early.
*Pancakes and playtime at a friend's house.  She was also entertaining two little boys on her own this weekend.
*We took all four boys to Walden Pond.  The weather was perfect, the water was warm, and the boys had a blast.  They alternated between playing in the water and playing in the sand.  They had fun, and I got to soak up the sunshine and catch up with a friend.  Winners all around. 

I think my goals are similar to last week's - surviving the renovation, drinking lots of water, appreciating life's little pleasures, planning meals, and picking out paint colors (I at least identified a few contenders on this one!).   

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...