June 12, 2012

A Few Links...

 

You're Not Special.  An awesome commencement speech given at a local high school.  You really must read this. 

Summer Guilt.  I feel exactly the same way.  I am so excited to be able to give my boys the gift of a fun and lazy August this year, and I'm looking forward to a long and hopefully sometimes boring summer of 2013. 

The Consequences of Caring.  I am fairly certain that very few of my blog readers will appreciate this one, but it's my blog and I love it.  Even if you don't have an appreciation for sports, perhaps you can appreciate the writing.  It's wonderful.

Audiobooks That'll Make The Family Road Trip Fly By.  My boys are too young for any of these selections, but this article reminded me of the long road trips we have planned this summer.  Purchasing a couple audiobooks is probably a good idea.  I am thinking Roald Dahl would make an excellent road companion.

3 comments:

  1. I love the commencement speech, especially the last paragraph.

    And on the subject of summer guilt: growing up my family never took vacations, because of $. We had a neighbor with a pool, and we stayed up late eating popcorn, playing monopoly or cards and watching movies. Nothing grandiose, but I have to say that my "boring" summers as a kid are some of my fondest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to read that commencement speech :) Sounds very inspiring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy a little bit of linky loving. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...