June 22, 2012

A Few Links...

Hiding from the sun on this hot, hot day

I thought I'd share just a few links as you head into your weekend.  We don't have too much planned.  Kevin will mostly be studying, so I will get serious quality time with my little boys.  I plan to dive into our Summer Fun List!

A cover of Simon and Garfunkel's 'The Boxer' by Jerry Douglas and Mumford & Sons - It's wonderful.  I just keep hitting 'play'.

A refreshingly honest article about working mothers, entitled "Why Women Still Can't Have It All".

This is a video of my cousin's son and his friends doing trick frisbee shots.  Random, yes, but somehow it's a bit mesmerizing to watch.

Eclectic and fun summer music mix.

Alicia Bock is having a Summer Solstice sale - through 6/26.  I've been wanting to buy one (or several) of her photographs forever.  I think the reason I haven't is because I simply can't decide which one to buy or where to put it!

Did I tell you we're finally actually going to the Newport Folk Festival this year?  It's at the end of July, and I am beyond excited. We are taking the boys with us (crazy, perhaps, but we'll see how it goes), and we're only going on Saturday.  Still - I can't wait!  Check out the lineup and tell me you're not jealous.  (Just please, pretty please, don't let there be rain.)

3 comments:

  1. i've also admired her work forever but have yet to purchase- for the same reason!

    after i read your post this morning, i decided it was time... 2 hours later :)... i finally made my first purchase... and finally subscribed to her feed! (had wanted to in the past, but totally forgot... man- was i missin' OUT!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked her blog out after you pinned one of her photographs. I'm in love with her work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...