March 14, 2011

Menu of the Week


When my husband is out of town, I like to keep dinners simple.  At the same time, I want to serve some variety to my boys.  I'm okay serving scrambled eggs and toast, soup and grilled cheese, or other super easy items, on occasion, but I also want them to eat their vegetables.  Here's a look at some of the recipes we've enjoyed recently:

Baked Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cheese - All my boys love this one.  It's a good one to make on a Sunday night - it makes enough to have leftovers during the week.

Chicken Cutlets with White Wine and Garlic, Steamed Carrots, Sauteed Mushrooms - I like any recipe that demands I open a bottle of wine.  My big boy actually cleaned his plate, carrots and all!

Roast Pork with Squash and Onions - I really liked this.  It's easy, and the squeeze of orange along with the sage creates a really nice flavor.  My big boy loves pork tenderloin and onions, and my little boy mostly filled up on squash.  Now if I could get them each to eat everything on their plate....but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Linguine with Spring Vegetables - Pasta, vegetables, cream, tarragon....yum.  Add a little parmesan on top and I am sold!  I used regular shelled peas instead of snap peas in order to make it easier for my little ones.  These are three of the most palatable green vegetables for my boys, so I was optimistic that they would eat this, and they did! (although, full disclosure: they did mostly pick out the zucchini)  Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...